MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD FOR MISSOURI RESIDENTS
- Cancer, Epilepsy, Glaucoma
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress order, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.
APPLY FOR YOUR CARD
Once you’ve obtained a certification from your physician you will need to submit your application online with all the required document the DHSS requires. They aren’t accepting mailed applications currently.
If you are a parent or guardian applying for a patient you will also need this Consent Form.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED
- Your signed and completed Physician Certification. You will need to scan this or take a legible photo of it to be uploaded. You may be required to have two physician certifications if your possession limit is higher than the standard.
- State-issued ID or driver’s license – a legible photocopy
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- E-mail Address
- Proof of residency: Copy of Missouri Driver’s License, Utility Bill or Identification Card
- A clear photo of your face taken within the last 3 months (in front of a white or light-colored background), similar to a passport photo.
- Payment method for applicable fees